Friday, October 17, 2014

Color me happy


 http://lillgumman.blogspot.se/
Hello everyone it Erika here again with another card for you. Today is coloring time and I have used an image of a super cute giraffe that I just couldn't keep myself from falling in love with. I think this little guy is adorable.


This is the card I have done for today:

This is a pretty simple card without a lot of detail, but I made it this way since I wanted all the focus to be on the colored image. As usual I used my Copic Markers to color this image and I used some yellows tones, some earth tones and also some gray and teal. Since this image is very small and detailed it is hard to do proper blending with the markers so what I do in situations like this is to use only two colors. First I color with the lighter shade and then carefully dab the darker colors where needed and then I go over the whole thing again with the lighter one to blend. For small spaces you don't need anything else than this and it will still look good.

I cut out my image using a new die set from Spellbinders which also can cut tiny little holes. I love this stitched effect. The sentiment is one that I reach for a lot. I think it's very versatile and easy to use.

As a finishing touch I added some shimmer with my Wink of Stella pen to the clothes.


Here is a closeup of the card:

So that was all for me today, I hope you liked my card and if you are interested in any of the products I used, take a look at the links below.

Erika Winterlia

---------------------------
Products used:
Claude Celebrating Giraffe 
Birthday Phrases - Set of 8 - English Sentiments 
Cardstock - 10 sheets à 210 x 297 mm 300g - dark grey 
Cardstock - 10 sheets à 210 x 297 mm 300g - weiss 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...